Recently bought an oven and mixer. This is my first attempt at baking a cake. Pretty easy and straightforward recipe.
- 7 oz (~198g) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (~76g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (~56g/60ml) sugar
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- oreos for the surface of the cake
- Put the 10 oreo cookies into a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin until the texture becomes like coarse sand.
- Add melted butter and mix well. Press into cake pan. (Mine is a non-stick pan; you may want to put baking paper so that it will be easier to take out the cake.)
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, eggs, sugar, potato starch and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into cake pan.
- Crumble more oreos on the top for decoration.
- Put hot water into baking pan to make a water bath, at least fill up 3/4 of the pan.
- Place cake pan in the center and bake for 1 hour at 160°C (325 Fahrenheit).
- Once it’s done, take it out of the oven and let it cool. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
If you want a thicker oreo crust at the bottom, you can crush more cookies. I think I did not sprinkle enough oreo bits on the top, so if you like, you can add as much as you want.
Eating something which you make on your own makes it taste better than anything else.