- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries/ whole blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200°C for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Pour oil into a measuring jug. Add egg and fill the jug to the 1-cup line with milk.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add milk texture to the bowl. Use a fork to combine. Batter must be sticky but must not be too watery or too thick. (If the batter is too thick, add a teaspoon of milk.)
- Fold in the strawberries or blueberries.
- Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes for mini cupcakes. (~20 minutes for medium ones)
I will use a toothpick to test the cupcakes. If there’s no wet batter on the toothpick, then the cupcakes are baked. Usually I will monitor the surface of the cupcakes (when the surface turns golden brown).