Few days ago I saw someone posted a picture of Bacon Egg Toast Cups on Facebook and I’m like, “Wow~ That looks GOOD!” So I goggled and they seem pretty easy to make. Now that my kids’ mid-year exams are over and my afternoon is free from tuition, I’ve decided to use my Mum’s neglected dusty microwave oven. Actually I have an oven at home but it has not been in use for like, 10 years? Uh-huh. And, I make do with whatever ingredients I have at home. I did not have bacon so I used honey glazed chicken ham.
1. Preheat the microwave oven for 5 minutes.
2. Cut the bread into a circular shape. Use 1 slice of bread for 1 cup.
3. Sliced the ham into strips.
4. Spread some butter on the cup/mould before putting the bread in. Press the bread against the mould so that it forms the cup shape.
5. Lay 2 strips of ham on the bread.
6. Crack an egg into each bread cup.
7. Put the bread cups into the microwave oven and heat for ~20min. (I think the duration depends on individual oven.)
I kept a close watch because the bread tends to get toasted more quickly than the egg, so be careful not to burnt the bread! You can use a toothpick to poke into the egg to see whether it has been fully cooked. It is best eaten when the egg is half-boiled. This is my first time making these toast cups and they are so successful! That shows how easy they are to make. Try making these delicious pretty toast cups for breakfast or tea break; I’m sure you will love it!